Students will learn to make appropriate measurements to quantify the eco-footprint arising out of our current personal lifestyle choices, conduct systematic thought/real experiments to explore improvement opportunities, and propose a model-based sustainable alternative for ourselves, our families or communities such as the USP Residential College.
In this particular iteration of the module, students will learn the QR skills of:
- formulate problems in a quantitative way
- measuring, estimating and modeling data
- reasoning and solving quantitative problems from authentic contexts and everyday life situations.
- interpreting mathematical models and using them for decision making
- creating sophisticated arguments supported by quantitative evidence using words, tables, graphs, mathematical equations, etc., as appropriate
Students will gain experience in working with the QR tools of:
- Regression Modeling (Spreadsheet based)
- Data/Trend Visualization (Spreadsheet based)
- Simple Optimization (Spreadsheet based)